Halloween is fast approaching, and everyone who’s coughed up their 8 bucks a month for Netflix is no doubt scanning the Horror section to see what’s available.
Decent scary movies are hard to find, so here’s a quick rundown of 10 now streaming on Netflix Canada that I’d wholeheartedly recommend.
They’re listed in order of how freakin’ awesome they are:
3) Wolf Creek (2005) “Low-budget horror doesn’t get much better than this.”
4) In Fear (2013) “A masterful example of lean ‘n’ mean outdoor nightmare-making that resonates with the same power of Wolf Creek, but without all the torture and gore.“
5) The Woman in Black (2012) “Creepy enough to recommend to long-suffering horror fans who are due for an old-fashioned respite from the gory, hyperactive shockfests of today.”
6) Hostel (2006) “The most extreme, punishing, pain-filled gorefest yours truly has ever cringed through.”
7) Child’s Play (1988) “With equal portions of frolic and fear, Child’s Play is a hilarious hair-raiser that is highly recommended for horror fans.”
8) Buried (2010) “A gripping real-time experiment in close-quarters dread.”
9) 1408 (2007) “Derailed director Mikael Håfström effectively counterbalances the scenes of throat-clenching sadness and claustrophobic shocks.”
10) The Last Exorcism (2010) “A fairly absorbing pseudo-documentary demonic-possession flick with all the bodily contortions and jittery camerawork you’d expect.”